DEPARTMENT FOR SCHOOLS
The mission of the Department for Schools
is to support and develop the 'community of Catholic schools'
- identifies with the Bishop’s vision of ‘Communion and Mission’ for the Diocese and actively engages in the delivery of the Pastoral Plan and its commitment;
- in principle and practice lives out the Gospel values and the teaching and tradition of the Church;
- actively engages with all agencies to maximise the opportunities and safeguards afforded to the children and young people in their care, enabling them to develop and grow into responsible citizens.
- In implementing its mission the Department for Schools sets out to:
- make effective for all Catholic schools in the diocese the reality that we are a community of Diocesan schools sharing a common vision of the mission and purpose of Catholic education and working collaboratively to develop this for the good of all
- promote and develop all aspects of Catholic provision in the Diocese
- advise, develop and inspect the quality and provision of religious education, collective worship and S48 validation
- represent the Bishop at the appointment of Heads, Deputies, Assistant Heads and Heads of RE and Chaplains
- advise and support Governing Bodies on their statutory and legal responsibilities as Catholic maintained schools work in partnerships with local authorities and other agencies